cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 periodically locking down internet interface

rstrunk
Level 1
Level 1

First off, my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Got an ASA 5505, loved it until now when it periodically seems to cut off internet access. It will still route internally but nothing can get outside. We have about 40 7940 IP phones and whenever the ASA locks up, these all act like they've been unplugged from the network. The ASA just started doing this, and appears to do it every 1 to 2 days.

Anyone experience this as well? I've attached my config (edited :) so hopefully if I've done something bone headed someone can point it out. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

For example, you have one VLAN assigned to the outside for Internet access, one VLAN assigned to an inside business network, and a third VLAN assigned to your home network. The home network does not need to access the business network, so you can use the no forward interface command on the home VLAN; the business network can access the home network, but the home network cannot access the business network.

If you already have two VLAN interfaces configured with a nameif command, be sure to enter the no forward interface command before the nameif command on the third interface; the adaptive security appliance does not allow three fully functioning VLAN interfaces with the Base license on the ASA 5505 adaptive security appliance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: