CCNA Re-cert Help

Unanswered Question
Jun 11th, 2007

Hi,

Unfortunately I have let my re-cert lapse and my CCNA will expire later this month.

I originally did the following:

642-821 BCRAN

640-604 Switching

640-507 CCNA

I have to go back and re-do my CCNA. 640-801.

Looking at CIscopress site I can see now that it is kinda split into two ICND and INTRO or single exam. I prefer to do single exam.

SHould I really bother buying the self study guides or just get the certification guides for CCNA.

JUst wondering how much the material has changed since I did my last CCNA over 5 years ago.

thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shihab Mon, 06/11/2007 - 17:40

Hi.

I have a followup question. IF I can sit and manage to pass my CCNA exam before the 25th of June, which is when it expires, will my BCRAN and Switching exam still be valid. I sat for BCRAN on 25/06/2004 and Switching an year before that.

Just trying to see if there will be be any point in doing my CCNA exam before expiration.

scottmac Mon, 06/11/2007 - 18:11

I believe you'll find that the new generation of tests is considerably more difficult that the ones you originally took.

If you've been working in the business, then you can probably use the combined book, maybe polish that with a Boson exam, and be good to go.

As for the follow-up question, no. Associate- level exams have no effect on the status of Professional-level exams.

PRofessional-level exams have no effect on other Professional-level exams ... if you have the cert (and it's still current / active / unexpired), then passing a single "642-" exam (or CCIE written) will recertify you ... but if you had two PRo level tests done and about to expire, passing another pro-level exam (or CCIE written) will NOT in any way extend the period of validity for the two old tests.

Good Luck

Scott

shihab Mon, 06/11/2007 - 18:51

Hi Scott,

You have confirmed my fears.. oh well..

I am still working with Cisco equipment, but not as much as before.. This is more for a carrer move rather than necessity.

So the New Cert Guides and my old ICND Study Guides should be ok( Back then the course was simply ICND, no Intro stuff)

thanks

Actions

This Discussion