Views
Helpful
Replies

Command Help: Enable/Disable Standby Console

sumanth_myneni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On 7609, we have redundant SUP 720 3B's. Please help me in getting the commands that allows or disables Enable access to the Standby SUP.

Thanks

Sumanth

3 Replies 3

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

It is not possible to access the standby Supervisor Engine.

Hi,

I am able to access the Standby SUP's enable mode when i try to connect through the console.

For another set of router i wasn't able to do so.

anharring
Level 1
Level 1

You should not be able to have any functionality on the standby Sup's console.

Do a #show mod

and see if your standby Sup is the actially thr Active Sup (session 16 in IoS) but the MSFC is still running on the primary Sup (session 15!?)

To access the standby MSFC, enter the "switch supervisor" command and then the "switch console" command.

To go back to the Sup engine:

Press "Ctrl-C three times" at the MSFC/Router> prompt

to get back to the supervisor engine prompt.

-or-

Enter the "session 15" command to access the MSFC (use 15 or 16 depending on the '#Show Module' output.)

The 'Swictch Console' command I think is only available with a consle cable!

You might get some extra functionality via the console as opposed to the Telnet session.

But you can not change the enable function or password on the standby Sup's console / VTY - If you could how whould this changed config get copied to the (active) primary SUP ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: