Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Updating Locale

wayne.spendlove
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a problem with a number of 7961G phones in that the above message is logged in system messages on the handsets. Copy of log file is:-

15:30:14 Error Updating Locale

15:30:13 SEP001BD40B9E30.cnf.xml

15:30:13 No CTL installed

15:30:13 File Not Found : CTLFile.tlv

15:30:13 No DNS Server IP

Config is attached - any idea's please?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

in short, you can ignore all these errors.

The updating locale is due to certain files that the phone looks for when it boots. If you do "term mon" and "debug tftp events" you will see them. You can download the "locale package" from CCO and copy them on the router. Then configure "tftp-server ... alias ..." to have them load by the phone.

The no DNS server ip is due to lack of dns server in your dhcp definition for the phones, but we know that dns for the phones is usually unnecessary.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was having the same problem and via debug I determined that the phone is looking for mk-sip.jar. Can anyone tell me where I can download this file or the locale files for SIP?

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no released localization files for SIP.

You can try downloading the the localization files for SCCP, alias the files via tftp-command however when I tried that, I did not succeed at changing the language on SIP phones.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: