Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager doesn't start.

Hi to all!

I'm trying to open Campus Manger home page from LMS 2.6 suite.

It doesn't open (staus bar stop at the half)

I checked the ANIServer process by pdshow command:

C:\tools\>pdshow ANIServer

Process= ANIServer

State = Running with busy flag set

Pid = 15396

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 12/06/2007 11.55.14

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = ANIServer started.

Waht is this "flag"?

From the log seems that it doesn't connect to the database

ani.log

2007/06/12 11:55:28 main ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Created new Database connection [hashCode = 4565987]

2007/06/12 11:55:28 main ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Closed Database connection [hashCode = 4565987]

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (CTM.common).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

new instance of Ptdm create

new appId created

new instance of Ptdm create

new appId created

Common trust user is: admin

User name in Security context is: admin

Nothing to decrypt

Nothing to decrypt

Nothing to decrypt

Nothing to decrypt

2007/06/12 11:56:45 DBConnecton-Reaper ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Closed Database connection [hashCode = 977702]

2007/06/12 11:56:45 DBConnecton-Reaper ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Closed Database connection [hashCode = 2191491]

How I can debug?

Thanks!

Leonardo

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ANIServer is working fine based on this output. All of these messages are typical. The problem must be with your client, or the connection between the client and server. Check the Java Plug-in console for any errors, and make sure you are using the supported version of the Java Plug-in. For LMS 2.6, that is either 1.4.2_10 or 1.4.2_12 (if you have the recent DST patch applied).

Finally, check to see if there are any firewalls or proxies between your client and server. You must disable all proxying in the Java control panel. You must also allow all TCP port 1683, 1684, and 8088 traffic between client and server.

It just occurred to me you said, "Campus home page." I saw status bar, and I thought the progress bar you get when opening Topology Services. You don't need to bother with the Java Plug-in stuff in that case. The most likely cause of the Home page freezing is a large number of User Tracking report jobs. Purging those completed jobs can help improve Home page load times.

You should also check the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log for errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: