Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access console port

engraed96
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i was unable to access my cat6509 neither from console port or telnet access since someone by mistake has modified the setting in the switch &now it become inaccessible so is there any suggestion to workaround without losing my current configuration .

by the way when i connect to the concole port through terminal window nothing can by display in the terminal(blank)

5 Replies 5

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

Can you able to Ping the IP Address of the Switch ? ?

Try to reach switch via different VLAN router IP / different Fast Ethernet Port.

Else you need to reboot & activate the switch.

Pls Rate if Helps

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi,

actualy i can't be able to ping to the switch since the ip are not known to us !only we can access to the MSFC .so i need to access the blocked consoll port to fix the problems but i can't

Hi,

have you access to the MSFC?

I don't understand the problem, but this maybe could help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_example09186a00804ceb07.shtml

HTH

Andrea

Hi,

I agree with Andrea, how do you have access to the MSFC ? and if so then what is your problem, are you running Native or Hybrid mode ?

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you can see this CAT 6509 device in CDP neighbor details in the neighboring Cisco Device...you will get IP of CAT 6509..which will be helpful..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card