Views
Helpful
Replies

3560/3750 Enhanced Image PBR Performance

alanwright1
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

Does anyone have an idea of the PBR performance of a 3560 or 3750 switch which using an EMI image? How many pps is it likely to handle?

Other than PBR, it will be static routing, with nothing CPU intensive running

TIA

Alan

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

The platform scales well for PBR but you might be required to configure the SDM templates (routing SDM template) to support PBR.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swsdm.htm

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Is PBR limited by pps or by the number of source/dest IP pairs?

Alan,

Here is what it depends upon:

You can define a maximum of 246 IP policy route maps on the switch stack.

You can define a maximum of 512 access control entries (ACEs) for PBR on the switch stack.

The number of TCAM entries used by PBR depends on the route map itself, the ACLs used, and the order of the ACLs and route-map entries.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Is PBR limited by pps or by the number of source/dest IP pairs?

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

I tried this a while back, but moved the PBR functionality over to a pair of 3845 routers. I am doing ip sla & nbar on the routers as well.

The 3845s seem to function better for this stuff as well as have better support for monitoring stuff like ip sla & nbar. I guess this is also true of IOS routers vs switches in general.

Hello,

I used PBR on 3750, but the performabce was very bad. Unfortunately I can't tell pps and other datas, but when we trasfer files from file server the performance wasn't acceptable - transmission rate was ~ 50% worst than without PBR and also the CPU usage was 80%.

So finally I eliminated the PBR, what I used only for default routes....

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card