Resource Manager Essentials error: copyInvalidServerAddress

Answered Question
Jun 12th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello all,

I try to retrieve our devices' images with RWAN 1.3 RME Software Management application and I get the next error:

"Error Info Code: 4159.

Device Error: The copy to/from flash operation failed.

Probable Cause: Flash copy failed with return code of copyInvalidServerAddress. Recommended Action: Retry the operation. If the problem persists, contact your technical support representative for assistance."


swim_debug.log says:

"NFlashIOS.pm 1145 {6/6/2007 12:28:11}: Flash Operation failed : copyInvalidServerAddress"

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 10 months ago

I thought the debug you showed was from a manual attempt (hence I assumed the IP address was good). You are hitting CSCsa01598 which is fixed in RME 3.5 IDU 7.0. The workaround is to add the device to RME by IP address. Modifying Perl code yourself is not a supported solution.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Loading.
Joe Clarke Tue, 06/12/2007 - 07:25
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

This error could be a bug in the device, or an issue with the data RME is sending for the server address. To troubleshoot this, it's best to get a sniffer trace of all SNMP traffic to the device when running your SWIM job. A show ver from the device in question will also be useful.

stathako Wed, 06/13/2007 - 01:27
User Badges:

I have tried to retrieve software from various devices with different IOS but the problem is the same.

The attachment is from Cisco 3640 with 12.2(40) IOS with snmp and tftp debugging.



Joe Clarke Wed, 06/13/2007 - 07:27
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

It looks like you have a firewall on your network that is blocking UDP port 69. You need to talk to your network security team to see if that can be lifted.

stathako Wed, 06/13/2007 - 12:10
User Badges:

There's no firewall between network devices and ciscoworks server.

I found that swim_debug.log said that

252 {6/13/2007 18:57:38}: Outgoing Interface detected as 127.0.0.1

which is produced by /opt/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/swim/swd/TftpSvc.pm line:

DebugUtil::trace_msg("Outgoing Interface detected as $localaddr\n");

which is in if statement:

#change made to accomodate multihomed hosts

if(defined($device_name))


I changed the above statement to

if(!defined($device_name)) and everything worked fine.


I'll try to find out what is missing.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 06/13/2007 - 12:15
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

I thought the debug you showed was from a manual attempt (hence I assumed the IP address was good). You are hitting CSCsa01598 which is fixed in RME 3.5 IDU 7.0. The workaround is to add the device to RME by IP address. Modifying Perl code yourself is not a supported solution.

stathako Wed, 06/13/2007 - 13:23
User Badges:

Modifying perl code is not what I wanted to do. I wanted to install IDU 13.0 and I thought I did it, but obviously I didn't.

Thank you very much.

Actions

This Discussion