Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface configuration for wirless

network_team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am connecting 20 wirless ap1200 to a network all on different switchs. Below is a configuration i wish to use as i will be offering to networks across the wireless ap. Is there anything else i need to configure on the switch interface like STP etc..... the AP's will all be configured as Access points only

interface FastEthernet0/20

description Wireless_2_W_1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

1 Reply 1

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

The configuration shown would be used if you needed to pass vlan's over the wireless. In that case, you would configure your AP with a seperate SSID for each VLAN.

If you are using multiple vlan's, then be sure that your native vlan's match between the switch and the AP.

Otherwise, to connect to an AP without vlan's, you do not need the trunking commands.

You could turn on spanning tree portfast for the port if you wanted to, although it really would not gain you anything. Assuming your AP's are getting power from the switch, then you gain nothing with portfast as the AP will have finished booting by the time the switch is done anyway.

Seth Rosenthal, CWNE #55

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card