SRST Activation - Related Question

Answered Question
Jun 12th, 2007

I'd like clarification on the significance of the 3 voice "bundles" available from Cisco for the 2801.

CISCO2801-V/K9

Cisco 2801 Voice Bundle, IOS SP Services, PVDM2-8, 64 MB Flash/256 MB DRAM

CISCO2801-CCME/K9

Cisco 2801 Voice Bundle with IOS SP Services, PVDM2-8, FL-CCME (24 users), 64 MB Flash/256 MB DRAM

CISCO2801-SRST/K9

Cisco 2801 Voice Bundle with IOS SP Services, PVDM2-8, FL-SRST (24 users), 64 MB Flash/256 MB DRAM

Based on the earlier thread should I look at the bottom two "bundles" as being techically identical configurations to the top bundle. More to the point are the SRST and CCME feature listed in the respective bottom two bundles simply licenses needed to be legal? (Vrs... say the licenses you need to actually activate and use certain types of software?)

I've been told that the CCME and SRTS are interchangable. I know you have to download CCME and make sure it is compatible with the version of IOS on your gateway. The previous thread suggest that SRST in just part of the IOS SP Services so I'm presuming that if you have an IOS capable of running CCME you can also automatically do SRST. Is that correct?

TIA

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 9 years 6 months ago

Hi Steven,

This is strictly a Licensing issue. Have a look at the clip below (pay special attention to the word production)

Q. Which IOS feature set is required to run SRST?

A. The SRST requires a minimum of an IP VOICE image on the Cisco 2600XM, 2800 and 3700 and 3800 series, and an IP/ADSL VOX PLUS image on the Cisco 1751-V and Cisco 1760 series. If you are using AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 on Cisco 2600XM, 3600, and 3700 series, a minimum of SP SERVICES image is required. In addition, you must purchase an SRST feature license.

Q. Do customers need to buy a license in order to use SRST?

A. Yes, a separate feature license needs to be purchased to run SRST in a production network.

Deploying SRST requires that the customer order the Feature License part number based on the number of IP phones required. Note that SRST license can be converted to CME license with the same number of phone support for investment protection.

From this really good SRST doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028d113.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Tue, 06/12/2007 - 11:00

Hi Steven,

This is strictly a Licensing issue. Have a look at the clip below (pay special attention to the word production)

Q. Which IOS feature set is required to run SRST?

A. The SRST requires a minimum of an IP VOICE image on the Cisco 2600XM, 2800 and 3700 and 3800 series, and an IP/ADSL VOX PLUS image on the Cisco 1751-V and Cisco 1760 series. If you are using AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 on Cisco 2600XM, 3600, and 3700 series, a minimum of SP SERVICES image is required. In addition, you must purchase an SRST feature license.

Q. Do customers need to buy a license in order to use SRST?

A. Yes, a separate feature license needs to be purchased to run SRST in a production network.

Deploying SRST requires that the customer order the Feature License part number based on the number of IP phones required. Note that SRST license can be converted to CME license with the same number of phone support for investment protection.

From this really good SRST doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028d113.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

flash2200 Tue, 06/12/2007 - 11:04

Rob... you just made my day. Pricing out the different bundles it looks like I can save several hundred bucks on the home lab as long as the router is never used in "production". Good to know!

rob.huffman Tue, 06/12/2007 - 11:24

Hi Steven,

Good stuff! I am very glad to help:)

Best of luck with your lab,

Rob

Actions

This Discussion