Helpful
Replies

I hope to help me to solve this question

alwahidi22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I don't understand how the question answered in this manner:

As i know that EIGRP has AD lower than RIP so.. it should be the winner routing protocol

But in this attachment the answer changed i don't know why?!!!!!

Regards,

Ibrahim ALwahidi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The AD will only come into play when you have 2 identical routes going to the same destination.

I also want to make clear is not about sending advertisement but pay attention on what interfaces the routing protocol is enabled, on this case both serials only have RIP enabled. If you were to have

router eigrp 100

net 172.16.0.0

on both routers, EIGRP would be the predominant routing protocol.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The serial link between these 2 routers have only one common routing protocol (RIP).

The EIGRP AS is there to throw you off. These two routers will never exchange eigrp information because they aren't EIGRP neighbors.

Thanx Edison ,

As i understand that Router B doesn't send advertisement about 172.16.0.0 network ( network 172.16.0.0 --- command) so it will not make a adjacency with Router A ... so the AD here is not a big deal , it will take RIP as routing protocol although it has a higher AD.

Regards,

Ibrahim ALwahidi

The AD will only come into play when you have 2 identical routes going to the same destination.

I also want to make clear is not about sending advertisement but pay attention on what interfaces the routing protocol is enabled, on this case both serials only have RIP enabled. If you were to have

router eigrp 100

net 172.16.0.0

on both routers, EIGRP would be the predominant routing protocol.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card