Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Problem

sam-lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This morning, I had outage for all the IPTs. We defined the DHCP pool for IPT VLAN in the core switch. As I checked on the logs, I saw a lot of DHCP address conflict messages. After I clear ip dhcp conflict in the core switch. Everything back to normal. Does anyone know what was caused the problem?

Thanks,

SAM

7 Replies 7

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi SAM ,

Can you paste the error messages whcih were displaying on switch ..

Thanks,

Satish

If you have created multiple DHCP scopes ( maybe on different switches ) then ensure that they do nto clash with each other.

example -

switch 1

192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.128

switch 2 / server

192.168.1.129 to 192.168.1.254

no..i only defined 1 DHCP pool

%DHCPD-4-PING_CONFLICT: DHCP address conflict: server pinged 10.128.129.102.

Hi Sam ,

1. %DHCPD-4-PING_CONFLICT: DHCP address conflict: server pinged [IP_address].

The DHCP server has detected an address conflict. Another host is using the specified IP address.

Recommended Action: Resolve the misconfiguration. Clear the conflict from the DHCP database. After resolving the conflict, enter the clear ip dhcp conflict command.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

Thanks,

Satish

Hi Satish,

I did check that error msg in the error msg decoder. I know how to solve it...but i dont know what was the reason caused the problem. And how are we going to prevent this problem to happen again?

Thanks,

SAM

Sam,

Today, in the morning, We had the same problem in a customer. I think that a cause could be DHCP snooping..Did you try this on the network?

Thanks.

Ivan Garrido.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card