cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager. Unconnected devices

rromashko
Level 1
Level 1

Can I draw the lines between unconnected devices in Topology services?

I have 160 devices in my Campus Manager, that marked as unconnected cause among them doesn`t work CDP. They are rechable by SNMP.

It looks not so pretty unconnected. And it will be great if there is an possibility to draw the lines.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot manually draw links on the Campus Topology Map.

all for nothing)

thanx, Joe!

It is not really a solution but you will get the lines if you have the possiblity to enable CDP for a short period of time on all the devices, start Data Collection, control the way how the map is drawn and if it is ok disable CDP again.

the interconnecting lines will change to be displayed in red but you will have your network drawn.

But be careful you won?t get any updates if some of these links will change. With 160 devices it could be a thought to create a job in netconfig to enable/disable CDP and rerun this procedure over time.

hi,

as stated already by joseph:

You cannot manually draw links on the Campus Topology Map.

are there any other posibilitys to connect CDP Discontigous Networks in Topology Services?

This for example by  drawing a cloud, then connecting the cloud to the unconnected devices?

Is it planed in future, that one has a more flexible features in Topology Services in the next upcomming releases of LMS ?

Thank you

No, this cannot be done.  No objects can be drawn on the Campus map that are not discovered automatically via CDP and/or ILMI.  I cannot comment on uncommitted upcoming plans for LMS.