Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone DHCP and SRST

jtoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, i have encountered a very strange behaviour with my IP Phones:

2 CCMs in mixed mode, all phones registered on the subscriber. 4 GWs with SRST, each one ready for 30 and 40 phones to register.

When i shutdown the publiher, all the phones with SRST references made register/unregister traffic to their respectives SRST GWs. During the publisher down time, the DHCP server was also unavailable.

Is it possible that phones, not able to contact DHCP server (may be for obtaining an ACK for their current IP binds) try to register/unregister on their SRST ref. ???

After unregistering from their GWs, phones register with the publisher without any pb but try again to contact SRST ref a few seconds after.

Does the DHCP server always need to be accessible ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Julien

2 Replies 2

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi Julien

what is ur CCM version and where does the DHCP server reside?

what do ur configured CCM groups look like (how many CCM group, what entries are in each group)?

what do ur configured device pools look like (specifically ccm groups assignments in device pools)?

these are the basic things u have to check in addition to checking ur subscriber status/connectivity..?

hth

/majdi

hi Madji

- CCM 4.1(3)sr2

- DHCP reside in another vlan than phones

(use of relay on FWSM module).

- 1 ccm-group (1srt subscriber, 2nd publisher)

- 2 DP with the same ccm-group

I observe this behaviour when powering down the subscriber and disconnect the DHCP server.

Thanks

Julien.