Views
Helpful
Replies

6513 Very High CPU on WR MEM Command

pic_whizz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently running s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin on a SUP720. Average CPU is around 50% during the day. However on a WR MEM the cpu goes upto 91-93% - Surely this is bad news! Please can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Cheers,

Matt

3 Replies 3

ariela
Level 4
Level 4

hi Matt,

could you past a "show process cpu sorted"?

Maybe schedule an IOS upgrade to SXF9 does the trick (there are some bugs about High CPU on SXF8)

Let me know

HTH

Andrea

Hi,

Show Process CPU Sorted attached. Please note that the CPU is normally running at approx 54% during office hours. It is only when a Wr Mem is issued that it shoots up to 91-93%. I can only see this CPU status using Sh Process Cpu History command.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would look at your whole traffic pattern . Even 50% is high on a 720 . Most traffic should be hardware switcheed and never hit the cpu . Do a show proc cpu sort command and see what process is keeping the cpu so high . We run a major datatcenter on one of these and the CPU is less than 10% , too much traffic is having to be handled by the cpu and you should find out why . Do a show interface command and see which layer 3 SVI is handling a lot of traffic . http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a00804916e0.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card