Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

benterry1210
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We're deploying IP Communicator alongside a 3rd party SSL VPN which advises it supports Cisco IP Communicator 1.x+ using IP pool allocations. However, I've not managed to get it to work unless I specify the IP address for network audio manually. There are documents regarding using the http admin tool for cisco communicator for http publishing via getIP.asp which i have active (and configured on the device profile for the IP communicator device) - yet the IP communicator fail to use the ip from the address pool.

If I browse to the getIP.asp across the VPN, it shows me the correct IP address assigned from the IP Pool, so the VPN is not restricted from obtaining this information.

Does anyone have any ideas? *the 3rd party SSL is Citrix Access Gateway with AAC Advanced Edition.

Regards

5 Replies 5

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

The only possibility is that the VPN device is blocking the address from the address pool.

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen a similar issue where TFTP was not working accross the Citrix VPN that was

preventing Communicator to not receive the configurations file containing the getip url.

If you take a sniffer capture you would be able to confirm that TFTP traffic is not getting through.

Citrix SSL blocks TFTP even though they state that they do not block ports. Since IPC

does not cache whether to use getip.asp like it does other TFTP info the phone will

register but use the wrong IP address for media.

Getting Citrix guys involved into this is not a bad idea

schilling2k8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This topic is already a little bit old, but I am also trying to run the Cisco IP Communicator over a Citrix Access Gateway VPN. First of all: It works!

Now here is how:

I am running a Linux based Cisco Unified Communications Manager (6.1.1.2000-3) on VMware Server and version 4.5.8 of Citrix Access Gateway. I am using this document (http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/11163-102-15313/Voice%20over%20IP%20support%20with%20the%20Citrix%20Access%20Gateway%20Standard%20Edition.pdf) as a reference. To get it to work, I also have to choose the assigned IP address (from the internal pool) manually by looking it up at the Citrix client once it is connected and setting it inside the Cisco IP Communicator's preferences (right click - settings - audio - network - use this address). The second thing I found out after approx. 1 month: It only works until version 2.0.2 of Cisco IP Communicator. This means: 1.1.5, 2.0.1a and 2.0.2 are working fine, whereas 2.1.3, 2.1.4 and 7.0.2 are not working at all. I don't know what Cisco changed with 2.1.x and I was hoping I could get some answers in this forum.

I am sorry, but I couldn't find a solution for the problem with the automated ip assignment yet, but I am still working on it.

Does anyone have an idea why the newer versions of CIPC are not working anymore?

Cheers, Daniel

Daniel,

did you ever get this resolved??

Unfortuately, no. I told a colleague of mine, who has contacts to Cisco, about this problem but I didn't receive any update yet on this issue. If there is something new, I'll let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: