CLI help during CCNA exam

Unanswered Question
Jun 13th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

I took the CCNA exam on this morning and I failed (783 / 849). I need to work a bit more! I was surprised during the simulation labs because the CLI help ("?") was not activated to display available parameters and commands. Is it always like that?

Best Regards,

Alain-Claude

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
distraido Wed, 06/13/2007 - 06:40
User Badges:

I took my exam a couple of months ago and passed. I am fairly confident that I remember using the "?" to see available commands. However, I think they state that not all commands might be shown. So it is best to go in knowing the commands without having to use the "?". I believe it should work for most things. And it has been implied in some webcasts by the test writers at Cisco that if a command is not implemented or the "?" doesn't bring something up that it is probably not needed. But that may not always be true.

The only sim I remember without going into detail was related to Access lists implementation.

Hope that answer helped, maybe someone has a more official answer or a link to a cisco page talking about the sim portion, I know there is a video on the ccna prep center but I can't find it that talks about what to expect in the sim portion of the exam.

Actions

This Discussion