cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS TFTP Issue

mherald
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed VMS on a Windows server, it seems to be working. I want to use the TFTP service. When I look at the results from net start, it says the crmtftp service is started. It says that as well under services. However, I can not tftp from any device to the VMS server ... Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TFTP service that comes with VMS or LMS is not a typical TFTP server that you would load on a system. It has some extra security restrictions as it is meant to be used by the application itself and not external users.

However, if you want to attempt to use it you first have to create the file you want to copy in the tftpboot directory.

Go to NMSROOT/tftpboot and create a blank file called config.txt

b. telnet / ssh into the device.

c. Run the command "copy running tftp" and specify CW server as the destination.

d. config.txt as the destination file name.

this TFTP process is not meant to function as a normal tftp server and if you're going to use it, you have to create the file before hand.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card