Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/SRST with Multicast MoH

phunball00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We just deployed a remote location running CME in SRST mode connected to a CallManager cluster. Everything works great with the exception of MoH. Multicast is not available on this particular WAN so we want to designate the CME/SRST router as a local multicast MoH source. The problem I see is that the multicast config is done under telephony-services (since this is running CME) and can not be set up under ccm-manager-fallback as it usually is. Is this configuration supported and if so, how can I confirm that i have it configured properly?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have been told, this config is not supported officially by TAC as it was not tested. I have tried this and it works just fine. Again the multicasting works only when phones are registered to CM. It will not work under fallback mode.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Do you happen to have a sample config? I have it set up as I believe it should be, but stil no joy. I only get ToH...

I have the same question about CME/SRST local multicast MoH.

Does it work when placing an IP phone to IP phone call on hold? I can get this to work, but have not been able to get MoH to work when a call comes in from the PSTN to the same CME/SRST gateway router.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: