Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/SRST with Multicast MoH

phunball00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We just deployed a remote location running CME in SRST mode connected to a CallManager cluster. Everything works great with the exception of MoH. Multicast is not available on this particular WAN so we want to designate the CME/SRST router as a local multicast MoH source. The problem I see is that the multicast config is done under telephony-services (since this is running CME) and can not be set up under ccm-manager-fallback as it usually is. Is this configuration supported and if so, how can I confirm that i have it configured properly?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have been told, this config is not supported officially by TAC as it was not tested. I have tried this and it works just fine. Again the multicasting works only when phones are registered to CM. It will not work under fallback mode.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Do you happen to have a sample config? I have it set up as I believe it should be, but stil no joy. I only get ToH...

I have the same question about CME/SRST local multicast MoH.

Does it work when placing an IP phone to IP phone call on hold? I can get this to work, but have not been able to get MoH to work when a call comes in from the PSTN to the same CME/SRST gateway router.

Mark