cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with isdn incoming calls problem needed

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi I have an odd problem with incoming call failures on a CCME system.

incoming calls from mobiles and international and most local carriers work fine but some local carriers fail every time. I attach debug isdn q931 of good calls and my failed call, i can see a difference in the number presentation but dont know how to fix it. The failed call is from an internal extension dialling out and back in again.

regards colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lagos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What caught my eye in the debugs was that you received dial-tone, is this always the case? I believe the root cause of your problems could be that the calling party number begins with the same digits as the called party and you are seeing problems with inbound dial-peer matching.

Are your dial-peers setup with destination-pattern?

If so, please add the following to ANY POTS dial-peer on your router:

incoming called-number .

Good luck.

CJ

Cisco Systems

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lagos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What caught my eye in the debugs was that you received dial-tone, is this always the case? I believe the root cause of your problems could be that the calling party number begins with the same digits as the called party and you are seeing problems with inbound dial-peer matching.

Are your dial-peers setup with destination-pattern?

If so, please add the following to ANY POTS dial-peer on your router:

incoming called-number .

Good luck.

CJ

Cisco Systems

Hi CJ

Thanks for your reply. it fixed my problem.

Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: