7970 boot process

Unanswered Question
Jun 13th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I am curious on what the 7970 does during boot. Is there any kind of warm up process for the thing? I plug it in and the mute speaker buttons flash, then each of the line keys flash, then the touchscreen button comes on for a few seconds then goes out.

But the touch screen itself doesn't appear to be on. I'm not sure if I need to flash the firmware to get it to work properly, if so.. how am I able to tell it to point to the TFTP server without being able to see anything on the screen. If this helps when I quickly press the touchscreen button nothing happens. If I hold it for a second or so it begins to flash rapidly.

For some reason I feel like it might just be something that I'm doing wrong. The unit does appear to be operating as it should. I'm using it as a passthrough to my PC right now and its working fine.

I don't have any experience with the 7970 but I'm a little worried now that I just got a bad unit. Think this is the case? Hopefully you guys have some nice troubleshooting tips.

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
donjohnson911 Wed, 06/13/2007 - 08:21
User Badges:

Just noticed while looking at the phone at an extreme angle that the screen is on and showing stuff. But the backlight isn't on at all. It's very difficult to read.. could anyone tell me what button combination gets me to the brightness settings, its next to impossible to read what it says on the screen.

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 06/13/2007 - 14:46
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello,

I know that what I'm about to suggest seems obvious and I apologize if you have done that already, however, when the phone is turned on, observe the rightmost button of the five that are in an horizontal line below the display. It may be illuminated green, press it and the display should turn on.

Actions

This Discussion