Views
Helpful
Replies

routing specific traffic to second isp

bws
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

please see my config file...currently all my inetnet traffic is passing from service provider 1. I will be getting another internet connection from the second service provider...both these lines will be terminated to a layer 2 switch...with one service provider in one vlan and the new connection in another vlan....and their will be trunk between the switch and my pix 525 version 7.0...i will create sub interfaces with associated vlan tags ips of each service provider...Now what i want is currently all my 10.60.0.0 255.255.0.0 internet traffic is routed to current service provider but i want one specific subnet i.e. 10.60.10.0 255.255.255.192 to have a different nat address from the new service provider range and all the internet traffic for this subnet shall go from the new service provider connection. How can i acheive this?

ai

1 Reply 1

JBDanford2002
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I can think of for you to be able to do this is by using context mode. If you had a Router instead of a switch connected you could do policy based routing which would work. Is the switch just being used as a layer 2 switch or does it have layer 3 capabilities?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card