Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtain SIP firmware for 7912

jaowonjaowon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can someone point me to a working link where I can download the latest SIP firmware for the 7912. All links I am following are taking to a "This page has been moved" page, but I'm unable to work out where this new page is, as all searches are taking me to the page that "has been moved".

Thanks

Mark

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

You need CCO access with download privileges (registered support contract).

Go download software, voice software, click top right "log in", click "Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905/7912 SIP/H323 Firmware ", latest version is 8.0(1).

Good luck!

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks

I've spent an hour browsing this site in cirlces but cant find anywhere to actually obtain CCO access. *note to developers, a "Click here to get CCO access from scratch" button would be handy.

How do I get CCO?

I bought this 7912 to replace my faulty SNOM I use to connect to my ISP's SIP service. It's been fun so far. Bought the phone, 2 days later it arrives with no power lead. Turns out I have to buy the power lead, so I order the power lead, 2 days later it arrives and it's just that, a Cisco branded PC power cable. It transpires I was too literal when I asked for a 7912 Power Cable, what I should have asked for was a 7912 Power Cube. So back goes the PC lead, and 2 days later the Cube arrives. Guess what, the Cube requires a power cable. Not wanting to be defeated at this point I borrow a power cable from my PC, power it up. Success! now for the config, here was me thinking it was going to be as easy as the SNOM. The SNOM just requires an IP, the login, the password and the SIP proxy IP. I spend an hour going through all the menu options on the 7912, so I decide to google the set up. I find a page that tells me I need to aquire the SIP firmware before I can preceed, the link on the page takes me to the "Moved" page above. After 3 days of searching the site I end up here with my post at the top.

I should have just bought a new SNOM :)

Hi Jao,

Sorry to hear you have been so frustrated with the 7912.

Now I tell you this clearly, Cisco IP phones are NOT the best choice to use in a non-cisco environment like SIP provider. Why is that, some reasons:

- because the configuration is made via TFTP with XML files that are quite comples

- because it does not have support for features like STUN that helps in presence of NAT.

- because software upgrades are not available to anyone like many other vendors do.

Basically, the cisco IP Phones are made to work in a business environment with a cisco 'call manager', and are not end user products.

This is said, it is possible to use the phone with the SIP provider, if you have the patience and technical inclination to do that.

Regarding the access to SIP firmware, this require that you acquire a maintenance contract for you phone. This will allow you register as customer on CCO with download privileges. If you go to voip-info.org, there is an entire page on the matter, with direction to reseller that have online store.

All failing, email me at the address that is in my profile.

Hope this helps, if so please rate pos using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: