cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks admin password

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I've just did the fresh install of CiscoWorks LMS25 yesterday on Sol9 and then I was able to login to CiscoWorks using admin login credential. This morning when I installed the patch LSM25_dec2005 and now when I try to login it doesn't like the admin pasword anymore. when I look at the install logs and line where it says

Do you want to see the passwords that were entered/randomly generated and I see the correct password there. but I still get the errr "Authentication failed. Please try again" I'm not using any other login methon on CiscoWorks.

6 Replies 6

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

An old tip posted here before:

find the file

CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\cwpass (Windows)

or

/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/cwpass (Solaris)

if you replace your admin line with this:

admin:0DPiKuNIrrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=::::F::

Your admin password will be cisco.

Thanks for you support, I did the change and it works fine. At the end the PWD is "admin" and not 'cisco'

Thanks

Best regards,

Christian

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the password recovery, now what do I do to change to my desired password for user admin?

Once you log in as admin with the recovered password go to Common Services - Server - Security - Local User Setup

Click on modify my profile in the main window and there you go

Joe,

Thanks a lot for your support, I did a recovery password and it works fine.

Best regards,

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: