cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting DHCP server on a 3745 Router

philrattenborg
Level 1
Level 1

I need to set up dhcp server on a 3745 router for multiple vlans. Is this possible and does anyone have any set up examples. Searched through Cisco site and did not find much info on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

philrattenborg
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply. The link helped a lot, but I still have a couple of questions. I am going to have 4 vlans set up on our network and since they all have the same default router, is it just a matter of setting up 4 separate DHCP pools with different names and setting the NETWORK number within the dhcp pool to the vlan number?

Hi

U need to decide where u r going to enable intervlan routing.If u r going to use this router as the intervlan device then u need to configure 4 scopes each for one vlan.The default router for each vlan will be the corresponding subinterface which u will use for the intervlan routing.Make sure that u configure the link between u r switch and the router as a trunk link.

Thanks

Mahmood

Philip

Yes it is a matter of setting up 4 separate pools with unique networks/subnets in each pool. When the router receives a DHCP request it looks at the interface on which the request was received and looks for a pool that matches the network/subnet of the interface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card