cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks admin password

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I've just did the fresh install of CiscoWorks LMS25 yesterday on Sol9 and then I was able to login to CiscoWorks using admin login credential. This morning when I installed the patch LSM25_dec2005 and now when I try to login it doesn't like the admin pasword anymore. when I look at the install logs and line where it says

Do you want to see the passwords that were entered/randomly generated and I see the correct password there. but I still get the errr "Authentication failed. Please try again" I'm not using any other login methon on CiscoWorks.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

You can change your CiscoWorks Admin password by using either the CiscoWorks user password recovery utility or from the GUI, if you want to change it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008052ff05

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try this:

For Solaris:

-- Stop the Daemon Management process by typing:

#/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

-- Edit the cwpass password file by copying (and keeing appropriate permissions)the

/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/orig/cwpass

to

/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/

-- Restart all Daemon processes by typing:

# /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: