cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 brick

donjohnson911
Level 1
Level 1

My 7970 seems to be stuck at "erasing network settings" am I going to brick it by resetting it? It's been on this screen for about 5 minutes now

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is not so easy to brick a cisco phone actually.

If when you turn it back on, doesn't go live, try the reset procedure: power off, press and hold # while powering on, wait for the leds to flash in sequence, release #, press 123456789*0#. The phone will reset and request term70.default.load from TFTP server, you must have this file plus all the individual firmware components available via TFTP.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is not so easy to brick a cisco phone actually.

If when you turn it back on, doesn't go live, try the reset procedure: power off, press and hold # while powering on, wait for the leds to flash in sequence, release #, press 123456789*0#. The phone will reset and request term70.default.load from TFTP server, you must have this file plus all the individual firmware components available via TFTP.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

How about if it gets turned off while doing factory default reset? I started a factory default reset using the method you just outlined and now it seems to not be able to get the file (though it is there) from the tftp server. As it has been going through the sequence of blinking lights (after doing a sequence all green, then yellow, then red.. now just does green over and over) and nothing is happening.

I am not using a cisco router or TFTP server with this setup, how can I set it to point to a specific IP of a tftp server? Seems nothing is displayed on screen and when I hit settings nothing happens.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: