Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM unresponsive devices

Hi all.

I've got several devices in DFM that are reported as unresponsive, but respond to ping from my desk top.

The event ID shows the following

Property Value

Event_Description Unresponsive

Component XX.204.39.245 [XX-r3550-B01-NER1L-1]

IPStatus TIMEDOUT

InterfaceName IF-XX-r3550-B01-NER1L-1/28 [Vl1] [XX.204.39.245]

InterfaceType PROPVIRTUAL

InterfaceOperStatus UNKNOWN

NetworkNumber XX.204.32.0

InterfaceMode NORMAL

InterfaceAdminStatus UNKNOWN

Address XX.204.39.245

Any thoughts as to why these are still reported although the device is up.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the management station looks at the network from its point of view, so it does not care if your desktop can ping a device. The question is - Does the management station has connectivity to the devices in your network?-

You must ping a device in question local from the mgmt server. you can do this from the Device Center if you are logged in LMS. In the left down corner there is the tools section. Select 'Management Station to Device'.

Often these are routing problems/restrections between the mgmt server and particular router interfaces.

If that is the case there is a perl script available from TAC to exclude these IP addresses to be pinged by DFM.

Look at this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde27e1

Hi mermel

Thanks for your response and sugestion. I can ping from device center, telnet and all the other things. I ran the script that you pointed me to and got the sucesfull 'unmanaged' response. Then edited the script to re manage them, but still show as unresponsive. I did leave it a few minutes between unmanageing and remanging, but it still shows as unresponsive.

Do you have any other sugestions

Thanks

Bernie

Found the soloution. The devices needed a reboot. Whould love to know why this happened.

Bernie

Try to update the device package for your router model

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: