cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rebuilding running config on 6500 hybrid/native

gmvburg23
Level 1
Level 1

I've created a text file of the runnining-config for a 6500 in production that is running IOS and also a running config on a test 6500 running Cat OS and IOS. I've merged the two configs and ready to copy onto test and then place in production. Recommendations please!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Would you please elaborate over here, what exactly you want to accomplish.

Correct me if required, I guess you are going from Cat6500 Hybrid mode to NAtive IOS Mode?

If thats, so please ensure that EVERYTHING is well copied to the new config, alternatively you my want to configure the new Switch or Test Switch with IOS mode and then test it and place it into the production.

Morover, I presume that there is no Sup upgradation over here ie. from Sup2 to Sup720.

Please rate if helpful.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Would you please elaborate over here, what exactly you want to accomplish.

Correct me if required, I guess you are going from Cat6500 Hybrid mode to NAtive IOS Mode?

If thats, so please ensure that EVERYTHING is well copied to the new config, alternatively you my want to configure the new Switch or Test Switch with IOS mode and then test it and place it into the production.

Morover, I presume that there is no Sup upgradation over here ie. from Sup2 to Sup720.

Please rate if helpful.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

I have an IOS in production that I am copying the config to the Hybrid chassis which has sup2-2ge sup engine. The X6148A Ethernet module is the reason that the 6500 test is running CatOS and IOS. Once test is in production then I will try running IOS only on the Sup2-msfc2.

The 6148A is supported in native IOS- unless you mean that you require auto-qos, or trust device cisco phone, or something similar.

Otherwise, you should be able to run the TEST box in native mode.

The big difference when going from native to hybrid are that you'll need to make sure that all the "int gix/y" format commands are changed to appropriate set commands. This can be done by hand if you've only a few configured ports, or some sort of script. I know cisco has a tool to go from hybrid to native, I do not know if they have one going to other way.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card