Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7600-sip-200 configuration doubts very urgent

dear all,

i'm new to 7600-sip-200 and oc3 related configurations.

i've 2 6506-E switches one is in my office and one is 10km's away supervisor engine is Ws-SUP32-GE-3B which is installed on 5th slot of the switch IOS is 12.2 and i've 7600-SIP-200 SPA interface processor installed on 1st slot and SPA-2XOC3-POS installed in it with SFP-OC3-IR1 my requirement is i need a point to point connection between these two switches.

ihave no idea regarding this i'm new to these hardwares, basically connections will be like p-t-p connection between 2 SFP-OC3-IR1. ATM configuration is required for this? Can anybody suggest or give any sample configuration or guidance to configure these items.

Regards

joseph

8 Replies 8

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

hello dear satish i really appreciate your post. if you can give some inputs related to our exact scenario that will be very helpful.

guys need help in this

Hi Binoy,

It may be helpful to you, Pls. find the sample POS configuration.

interface POS //

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252

no ip directed-broadcast

ip pim sparse-mode

load- interval 30

carrier-delay msec 0

crc 32

pos ais-shut

pos framing sdh

pos report rdool

pos report lais

pos report lrdi

pos report pais

pos report prdi

pos report sd-ber

pos flag s1s0 2

pos delay triggers path 0

no cdp enable

no shutdown

!

Rate if it does,

Rgs,

hello friend

thanks for your input can give some more details.what will be max speed of the connectivity i can achieve, for that i need to set any speed parametrs?

no need of any ATM confurations rt?

suppose on this link if i configure 192.5.2.1 255.255.255.252 and for my branch 192.5.2.2 255.255.255.252 in that case it will be 192.5.2.0/30 subnet and for my LAN im planning 192.168.10.10/24 so in this case a route entry in my sup32 will take care of the routing rt? i need to mention only

ip route 192.5.2.0 255.255.255.252 192.168.10.10

this route entry is reqd only inside the supervisor rt is there anything i need to mention in 7600-sip-200 configuration?

please help.

Regards

Joseph

Hello,

no need for configuring speed.

no need to any atm (there is no atm)

no need for static router (if you configure a routing protocol - reccommended).

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hello friend

thanks for your input.So this will be a HDLC configuration.

so you mean to say if the point to point link and LAN is on 2 diff networks no need of routing?

can you explain i didnt get ur 3rd point

no need for static router (if you configure a routing protocol - reccommended).

Please reply

Hi,

probably in your organization there is already a routing protocol used, like OSPF or EIGRP.

The recommendation is to extend this configuration to these new routers.

You will avoid the need of manually entering static routes that are prone to mistakes, and need to be modified every time there is a topology change.

Good luck !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card