cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services

diek
Level 1
Level 1

3560 switches attached to a 3560 fiber gig port are not displayed or listed in my Topology Services. The 3560 attached to my 6509 is displayed but not the 3650 attached to it. The 3560 not displayed is shown when I do sh cdp neighbor on the 3560 it is attached to. The 3560 not displayed in TS is in my Campus Database and Resource Manager Esentials and has been added to my User list from the master list.

Thanks Ken

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide the configs from the 3560 that is showing in TS and the one that is not. Since Campus Manager relies heavily on CDP, we need to figure out why it is not being negotiated on the 3560-3560 link. Also, what version of Campus Manager are you using?

diek
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is the Run config files from both 3560 switches. I am using Campus Manager version 4.2

Thanks

Ken

I see no obvious reason why CDP is not working between these two switches. What does "show cdp interface" report on each switch?

sh cdp interface on the 3560 with gig0/1 connected to a 6509 and gig0/2 connected to the 3560 that is not showing on TS

and sh cdp neighbor

GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up

Encapsulation ARPA

Sending CDP packets every 60 seconds

Holdtime is 90 seconds

GigabitEthernet0/2 is up, line protocol is up

Encapsulation ARPA

Holdtime is 90 seconds

Probation#sh cdp neighbor

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

bellpd Gig 0/2 82 S I WS-C3560-2Gig 0/1

Cisco6509 Gig 0/1 185 R S I WS-C6509 Gig 6/15

sh cdp interface on the 3560 with port gig0/1 connected to the switch shown above port gig0/2 and sh cdp neighbor

GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up

Encapsulation ARPA

Holdtime is 90 seconds

bellpd# sh cdp neighbor

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

Probation Gig 0/1 35 S I WS-C3560-4Gig 0/2

I read your initial post as show cdp neighbor was not showing the two 3560s connected to each other. Please show me a screenshot of the topology map highlighting where the missing 3560 should appear. Also, please provide your Campus Manager 3.3 IDU version, and the sysObjectID from this missing 3560.

Attached is the topology map you requested and the missing 3560 should appear attached to Probation 3560 switch. The JVProbation 3560 switch shown also has a 3560 switch attached to its gig0/1 port and it doesn't display on the topology map either. I do have a 3560 Jail-ESDA switch attached to the Jail1 3750 switch on the map and it displays. The one thing in common with the 3560 switches that are not displaying is they are attached to a 3560 switch. Not the same 3560 switch but its a 3560 switch and the 3560 switch that is working is attached to a 3750.

Can you give me some more info on how to get the Campus Manager 3.3IDU version and the sysObjectID from the missing 3560.

Okay, this is what I thought I'd see. The fact that this 3560 has a question mark means it is not supported by Campus Manager, and thus Campus does not know it can read this switch's CDP table.

Over in the right-hand side of the Topology Services window you will see a list of device types. You will see at least one ciscoProducts.X where X is an integer. One of those will correspond to that 3560 (and will be its sysObjectID). The latest version of Campus Manager 3.3 supports the following sysObjectIDs:

ciscoProducts.563

ciscoProducts.564

ciscoProducts.614

ciscoProducts.615

ciscoProducts.616

ciscoProducts.617

If your 3560 is any other number, then you will have to upgrade to LMS 2.5 or higher to get support for it. If it is one of the aforementioned sysObjectIDs, then you can apply the latest Campus Manager 3.3 IDU to get support. The IDUs are downloadable from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus . IDU 11.0 is the latest. Be sure to read the documentation for the proper upgrade path if you go the IDU route.

The 3560 sysObjectID is ciscoProduct.634 and I am using LMS 2.1. Do I have to buy the LMS 2.5 or higher upgrade or is there a way to down load it and install it?

Thanks for all your info on this

Ken

Check http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ and use the SAS contract number that covers your LMS 2.1. If you are entitled to an LMS 2.6 upgrade, you should see it there. If not, you will have to purchase the upgrade for full price.

We dropped the software contract so we will have to buy an LMS upgrade. I see that there is a version 3.0 released on 6/5/07 but I can only find 2.6 upgrade packages for sale. Will I be able to buy a 3.0 upgrade package for version 2.1?

Ken

You can order LMS 3.0 now, but it will not start shipping until the end of this month. There are no upgrade part numbers for LMS 3.0, so you will just need to buy a license that meets your network capacity criteria.

estebancisco
Level 1
Level 1

En primer lugar debes verificar todo lorelacionado con snmp, listas de acceso y comunidades de lectura y escritura. Luego debes descargar un device package para ese dispositivo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: