Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Registering with Pub not Sub

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have (another) weird one. I have 4 VG248s in use but the 4th one (installed post cutover by vendor)is not working properly. Only 3 lines will register and with Publisher not Subscriber. All other ports "register: unknown". They are all set up with dns and when I check with butt set I get reorder tone. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you inadvance for your time.

~ Liz

PS Running CM 3.3(4)SR2

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Liz,

In CCM for the specified VG Port check the Device Pool and the related Callmanager Group for the registration problem.

For the ports, Console or Telnet into the VG itself and go into Configure>Telephony>Port Enable Policy>**Auto

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I checked the DP and it's the same as the 3 VG248s that are working. We only have one CM with a Pub and a Sub and no groups (not an option in 3.3?) As for the telnet session... requires a password which I don't have.

I think I'm going to have to ask my current vendor to reconfigure the password on the VG248 and check the config. I was trying to avoid it but don't see any other options. :-(

Thank you for your time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: