cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Window CE device issue on my Wireless Network

da.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 20 IPAQ devices running an application called "Bed Tracker" in a hospital environment. These devices update real time to allow nurses to know when a room is free and can be re-populated.

My issue is this... I have 8 SSID's and only one of them is being broadcast (Guest Access). Obviously the SSID these handhelds need to be connected to is not the guest access SSID. However the handhelds see that SSID and will drop connection to their SSID to join the guest network. As this continues to happen, my users get disconnected from the Bed Tracker application. What can I do to lock the correct SSID into the handheld with Windows CE? Is there a client that is not Windows for the CE device?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

3 Replies 3

JASON CHOQUETTE
Level 4
Level 4

Under the iPAQ wireless settings, down at the bottom there is a Networks to access: option. Change that to Only access points and see if that helps.

I did that early on and it did nothing to help. It seems difficult to lock the wireless client to one SSID like you can with other clients. I was hoping there was a client out there for these things. Thanks for the idea.

npritchett
Level 1
Level 1

On your handhelds, configure the profile for the guest SSID to use a security setting that is not supported for that SSID on the AP's. e.g. if shared key authentication is not supported by the AP for the guest SSID, then configure your CE device to use shared key authentication for it. It should fail and move on to another profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: