Helpful
Replies

Mars

cashqoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I like to enquire

1> in order to calculate the estimated disk usage over time.where are the data store in(/u01 or /u02 or /u03)?

2>i can only view recent incidents in the "Incidents" page. where can i view all incidents in the MARS?

3>MARS20 has a limit of 500events per second.how is a "event" defined?

thanks in advance,

cash

4 Replies 4

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

1> in order to calculate the estimated disk usage over time.where are the data store in(/u01 or /u02 or /u03)?

The datafiles are pre-allocated, so looking at disk usage of these directories will not tell you much.

2>i can only view recent incidents in the "Incidents" page. where can i view all incidents in the MARS?

You can change the "Recent incidents for last" drop-down box to go back as far as 1 year.

3>MARS20 has a limit of 500events per second.how is a "event" defined?

An event is a log message received or pulled from a reporting device. 1 syslog message. 1 IDS alarm. 1 SNMP-trap. etc.

Thank for ur answers

1>So how i predict disk usage, for disk management, n when to archive?

2>i am using pnmars v4.2, but i cant find "Recent incidents for last" as mentioned.

I can only see a week of incidents.

3>got it.

cash

"So how i predict disk usage, for disk management, n when to archive"

AFAICT, there is no way to predict or manage disk space. you should archive right now. archiving has no impact on database usage, but it is the only way to backup the configuration of the appliance. It also backs up raw events, but if you don't want them you can simply set the "Remote storage capacity in Days" to 1. At least you'll have a backup of the OS and configuration settings if your MARS fails.

"i am using pnmars v4.2, but i cant find "Recent incidents for last" as mentioned"

interesting. At some point this functionality was added and I believe it was before 4.2. I've attached a screen shot of what it looks like on 4.2.6. See what happens when you use this URL (change to your MARS hostname and if it works, bookmark it):

https:///Incidents/index.jsp?NewQuery=clearRepor&lastTimeInterval=5&PagingRefreshIncidents=true&PagingBlockSizeIncidents=100&PagingJumpToIncidents=0

Here is the screenshot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: