cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 2811 with 12 port PVDMII digital Modems

giaaaj
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer have systems all over the world ( arround 800 locations). In these locations , there are systems that should be remotly supported. We have two kinds of systems on the remote locations

1- PC's connected to analog Modems - Connection between the center and the remote location will be PPP, in this case i would like to use the DialOut/EZ to install a virtual modem on the supporter workstation , the supporter then can user this modem to dialout to the remote location.

2- Mashines ( Industry ) that hat an integrated analog modems. The supporter use the redirected COM Port to connect to the mashine character based using AT commmands.

On the cenral side we are using a Cisco Router 2811 with 12 port PVDMII digital modem PVDM.

Can you or somebody inform if this scenario is possible with DialOut/EZ.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

As as far I know, any cisco router with async interfaces or embedded modems can support virtual COM ports as you indicated.

The only reason I personally don't like very much these digital modems is that the PVDM2-DMxx still requires an NM-xCE1T1-PRI instead of the much more modern and compact VWIC2-xMFT-T1/E1, but beside that, I think it should work for you.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I read your comment that the PVDM2-DMxx only works with NM-xCE1T1-PRI and not VWICS, I could not find this caveat on CCO do you have any further info or a link ? Thanks

In the data sheet at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8050918e.html

We read:

ISDN PRI Requirements

The Cisco Digital Modem PVDM Modules operate in conjunction with the following Cisco Network Modules:

* NM-1CE1T1-PRI (1-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module)

* NM-2CE1T1-PRI (2-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module)

I would be happy to learn that it works with the VWICs also.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: