cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya Interchange - VPIM

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I have integrated to Avaya Interchage via the Unity Bridge - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008045e21d.html

However, I would rather just use Unity and VPIM.

Documentation on Avaya Interchange says it supports VPIM. However, Avaya has told me they require a "Message Networking Box" to integrate via VPIM but that doesn't make sense.

Anyone able to comment on if we can integate Unity to Avaya Interchange via VPIM without needing the Unity Bridge?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Andy, Did a similar integration and Interchange doesnt support VPIM v2 standard. So the client had to upgrade that to Avaya Message networking manager which is the newer product and supercedes Interchange. AMN manager can still integrate with other Avaya Intuity voicemail systems and run VPIM to Unity. You dont need a bridge to to this.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

There is no way you are going to get away from using a bridge unity you have a full Unity network. The Bridge server is seen on the Avaya Interchange network as a Avaya Interchange Node. It does not matter to Unity what protocal they are talking. VPIM is one that is supported.

Unity will not be able to be a node on the Avaya Interchage Network without a Bridge server to my understanding.

rlp

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Andy, Did a similar integration and Interchange doesnt support VPIM v2 standard. So the client had to upgrade that to Avaya Message networking manager which is the newer product and supercedes Interchange. AMN manager can still integrate with other Avaya Intuity voicemail systems and run VPIM to Unity. You dont need a bridge to to this.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: