CCNA study guide edition question.

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2007

I recently decided to re certify my CCNA after it lapsed in 2004. Around the end of 2004 I bought the Sybex CCNA 4th Edition and Cisco's Wendell Odum new study guide. As work was keeping me busy and time was at a premium I put off studying. Today by some miracle was on Amazon looking for another book when I notice that a 5th edition was released by Sybex in 2005. I must've over looked this because it was paperback before I started studying. The problem is I just read the Sybex 4th edition and have scheduled my test for Networkers at the end of July. Any opinions if that much was changed between the 4th and 5th editions. If so I need to order the 5th Ed now. I also have to reorder my Cisco Press study guide (which I planned on reading after the Sybex) because it has a 2nd edition that has changed as well. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nicholas_ong Fri, 06/15/2007 - 09:28

I recall using the 4th Edition for my CCNA preparation last year. There shouldn't be much difference, especially since Cisco hasn't yet done a complete revamp of the exams as they had done for CCDA so the editions that you are using should still apply.

*Please rate if helpful

Actions

This Discussion