Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WCS (Linux / WLSE) Problem

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I've upgraded WLSE to WCS using the CD's supplied by Cisco, and that all went swimmingly, however they supplied WCS v4.0, and I need to run v4.1. So, I've downloaded the 4.1.83.0 bin file, and burnt it to CD, and have also uninstalled the old version of WCS Successfully, but when I come to install the new version of WCS, it all starts to go wrong!

1. log in to the CLI as root

2. mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom

3. cd /media/cdrom

4. ls (show the correct file name)

5. enter "./WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin"

and then I'm presented with an "Input Output Error", and subsequently am unable to install the new version of WCS.

I've tried the usual things like rebooting the box, mounting /dev/cdrom to a different directory, etc... but I always get the same error message.

I've looked through as many Cisco docs as i can find, but not been able to find anything about troubleshooting the installation process... Any help, much appreciated!

Thanks all..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Try this:

mount the cd

cp WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin /tmp;

chmod a+x WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin;

cd /tmp;

./WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Try this:

mount the cd

cp WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin /tmp;

chmod a+x WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin;

cd /tmp;

./WCS-STANDARD-K9-4.1.83.0.bin

Hi Eric,

I thought this very helpful info surely deserved my 5 points. Keep up the great work here! You have added some fine insight to these discussions.

Take care,

Rob

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: