cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS with 2 S. Provider

aamaral2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I look for informatiom about MPLS network with 2 different S. Provider connection with each CPE . For redundancy. VPN and voice is a requirement. Anybody knows where can I find information, tips or exemples ? TIA

3 Replies 3

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Are you dualhoming your CPE to 2 SP's, and do you also have redundancy built for your CPE (2 CPE per location as well).

The solution to your setup would be your topology dependent and would be customized, once you furnish more details about the topological setup we can, discuss it with focus.

If you have 1 CPE with 2 connection to 2 SP's then you can manipulate your routing with path attributes for PE-CE BGP or metric for PE-CE IGP.

VPN, Voice you can run these services provided you also procure the necessary SLA's for priority traffic like voice from both the SP's.

In summary, more info needed to elaborate.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Dear, TKs for your answer,

The main idea is for each site, I will have 02 routers (CE) and it will connected at 02 PE routers, one of 2 Service Provider .Can I to configure load balance with different S. Providers ?

Yes you can load balance between the two SP with routing manipulation.

You may want to use the per-session load balancing in CEF for the routes.

Lastly generally a service provider has a 5 9's uptime per pop. So rather than going for 2 service providers you can consider two last mile connection from 2 different telco's and connect to 2 different PE's in the same pop.

This would be cost effective as the same SP will give this service as a value add.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: