Replies

IPCC Agent Login - CCM Publisher Failure

cmcinally
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC v4.5

CCM v4.1(3)

Guys,

I am using the CCM Publisher & Subscriber design with IPCC v4.5 on aseperate server. We recently had a failure on the Publisher and although logged in agents remained active and the CTI Service flipped over to the subscriber any subsequent agents were not able to login. Do you know if this is normal operation within this design or should an agent be able to login with the Publisher failed?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First if all IPCC Express 4.5 is not supported with CM 4.1.

Are you sure that's what you have? Maybe it's IPCCX 4.0 or CM 5.X?

Make sure that under your jtapi subsystem all CTI servers are listed.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Apologies the IPCC Express version is 4.0(4) and the CCM Version is 4.1(3). Should an agent be able to login if the publisher is down? Does the agent login process require write access to the database. I went through extensive testing at the time of installation but did not test this particular function, The CTI Failover etc is all fine.

Have you check in the IPCC Express AppAdmin web pages if you have added the two CallManagers in the JTAPI provider, the RmCm provider and in the Directory configuration?

Both CallManagers must have the CTI manager service up and running.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Do your agents use Extension Mobility? If so, this won't work if the Publisher is offline; another consideration in failure scenarios.

The Cisco Desktop Administrator Configuration Setup also has configuration settings relating to available CallManager servers, and this was populated with only the Publisher (we have a Subscriber). The documentation doesn't say what it's used for.

We dont use extension mobility but thanks for the tip. I will check out the Desktop Administrator Configuration and let you know. The funny thing is that agents who were logged in were fine but any other agents trying to log in whilst the publisher was down.