cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Registering Often

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

I am beginning to implement the new 7941 and 7970 phones on our network (currently have about 30 installed). I notice that every once in a while (not sure on the exact timing - maybe every two hours?) the phones go into "registering" mode. The phones are not being utilized yet - just for testing right now. Why are they doing this and how do I prevent them from doing this? It should not be a power issue or specific switch issue as this happens off of mulitple switches. Where do I look? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

deepagup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There could be many reasons for this happening:

1. Network connectivity between the phone and the CallManager is not good. - ensure good connectivity else open a TAC case

2. CallManager to which the phone is registered has high CPU/Memory utilization therefore it cannot communicate properly with the phone. - Upgrade to latest release or open a TAC case.

3. There were known issues with 7970 older loads so make sure you have the latest software on the phones (atleast 7.0.1 and above)

4. For anything else would recommend a TAC case to troubleshoot in detail.

Deepak

flopez
Level 1
Level 1

I've had a similar issue with our phones, they would go into registering mode often and we narrowed it down to a bug in CCM 4.1.3. I've patched up the server and this didn't happen anymore.

When I opened a case with TAC, they had also thought it might be a network issue.

hi flopez,

can share the bug id or what is the patch version?

I'm using version 4.1(3)sr4d...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: