ASK THE EXPERT - IPCC EXPRESS

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2007
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss with Cisco expert John Tiso about troubleshooting IPCC Express. John is a senior engineer in the Cisco Technical Assistance center (TAC). He is currently the speaker for the Cisco Networkers troubleshooting IPCC Express seminar and the Contact Center troubleshooting seminar at the CIPTUG conference. John is a published author and serves as a technical editor for Cisco Press. He is also CCIE certified #5162. Mr. Tiso is currently enrolled in graduate studies at Harvard University.

Remember to use the rating system to let John know if you have received an adequate response.

John might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through June 29, 2007. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

Overall Rating: 3.6 (11 ratings)
Joe Del Sat, 06/16/2007 - 00:48
User Badges:

Looking through MIVR trace logs, I am trying to decipher the trace files as follows: Is this something to be concerned with?

3742: Jun 15 08:31:29.357 PDT %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:Running CTI Port recovery 'MIVR_SS_TEL_RECOVERY_0_-42-0' @ 1181921489357

3743: Jun 15 08:31:29.357 PDT %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:... CTI Port recovery 'MIVR_SS_TEL_RECOVERY_0_-42-0' @ 1181921489357 done.

jotiso Sat, 06/16/2007 - 06:30
User Badges:

Hello,

This is normal process for ports. The only time you should be concerned with this is when instead of getting the second message 'done' you get a:

%MIVR-SS_TEL-3-UNK: Refresh CTI port groups failed.

If you get that error, that would mean the port failed to come into service. You should have SS_TEL level debugging and JTAPI debugging enabled to see the cause of why the port won't come into service.

Thanks for posting!

John Tiso

ksilva Mon, 06/18/2007 - 04:56
User Badges:

John- What debug level is best for troubleshooting steps in an .aef script?

jotiso Mon, 06/18/2007 - 05:30
User Badges:

Hello,

Enabling debug level for APP_MGR will allow you to trace a specific script through. I like to use Wingrep to key off of the Task id= in the MIVR log. CRS Engine creates a Task to run that script associated with a contact. This is where the task ID comes in.

ENG level debugging can be useful for this also, but I prefer APP_MGR.

Thanks for posting!

John

ksilva Mon, 06/18/2007 - 06:11
User Badges:

John- Any time line on when the SRND for 5.0 will come out?

jotiso Tue, 06/19/2007 - 04:10
User Badges:

I just heard back from Product Marketing and it is due by the end of the week.

John

kevinmccarron Mon, 06/18/2007 - 11:25
User Badges:

John,

Any word on the CCBU addressing the issues in upgrading 3.x CCX to newer versions? This continues to be an engineering and client perception isssue!

Thanks,

Kevin

jotiso Tue, 06/19/2007 - 04:17
User Badges:

Hi Kevin,

I don't work in the CCBU. So, I can?t give you the CCBU ?party line? on this. However, I can empathize with your struggles with upgrades. 4.0(5a) was specifically released for upgrade issues and we still see issues here in TAC. My personal opinion is if you do not need historical reporting data, you might want to explore backing up your scripts and prompts and flattening and doing a fresh install. I know this is not the exact answer you were looking for. If you want to contact product management, I would suggest either coming to Networkers this year (the Product Manager and other CCBU folks will be on hand) or send an e-mail to [email protected]

John

wenqianyu Mon, 06/18/2007 - 17:43
User Badges:

Hi John,

We are using Cisco 7835 for CRS 4.0(5). From Cisco doc, Cisco 7835 supports up to 25 CSQs and 75 agents. Are these two numbers hard coded in the software or license, or they are just recommendations that we should follow?

Thanks,

Wenqian

jotiso Tue, 06/19/2007 - 04:25
User Badges:

Hello,

Exceeding the server capabilities is not supported or tested. I can tell you for sure exceeding 25 CSQ's I have seen breaks the system and results in database issues.

Thanks,

John Tiso

johnnylingo Wed, 06/20/2007 - 08:01
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Regarding the limit of 75 agents and 25 CSQs, is this for all 7835 models? Can you provide a link to this table? Thanks

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 06:14
User Badges:

Hello,

Server capacities and limits are located in the Solutions Reference Network Design (SRND) guides for each product version (www.cisco.com/go/srnd). Actually that link takes you to the site for all SRND's published across our product lines.

HTH,

John

mohsenlotfi Mon, 06/18/2007 - 23:52
User Badges:

Hi John

Can you tell us more about Reserved State issue ,

Since IPCC 3.5 till now I have seen a lot of configuration issue which cause agents stuck in reserved state ( From MTP configuration to add a Delay Step before call connect )

I am currently using UCCX 4.1 but still facing reserved issue sometime, Is there any technical document on why this happens and explains everything about it , also is this issue fixed on later UCCX release

Thanks

Mo

jotiso Tue, 06/19/2007 - 04:28
User Badges:

Mo,

The reserved state is when the engine in the select resource step is reserving the agent in preparation to conduct the consult transfer. Two things can result in an agent getting 'stuck in reserved':

1. Some sort of a logic error in the connected branch of the select resource (like a goto).

2. A call delivery issue. This could be anything from a dial plan problem (CSS, Partition, Codec) or a problem in Call Manager.

To tell you exactly what your issue is I'd need to see MIVR logs (default tracing in 4.x should be good enough) and JTAPI tracing.

John Tiso

mohsenlotfi Mon, 06/18/2007 - 23:58
User Badges:

John

on the control Center when I click on info box for "Cisco Desktop Recording & Statistics Service" I get the following error:

Unable to retrieve the Service Details.

java.lang.NullPointerException

Actually it was my agent issue pointed me to this service.

Agents was unable to change their state and the CAD was very slow, So I Restarted the service and everything backed to normal state except the info box near the service,

I am using UCCX 4.1

Thanks

jotiso Tue, 06/19/2007 - 04:47
User Badges:

Mo,

This issue potentially could be a regression of a defect in 5.0 that was found in q/a tesint (CSCsh13335). What I would probably need is to have a TAC service request opened and I would need the MIVR and MADM logs. If you want to pursue this, please open a service request with TAC. I'd be happy to look into it. When you get a SR number send it to me at [email protected].

John Tiso

cristian.nitu Tue, 06/19/2007 - 11:44
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm teaching IP telephony and we are using two Cisco Catalyst 3550 Switch IOS 12.1(11) for the labs.

I'm not able to conect to the switches using the console cable so I cannot reset the configuration Using Recovery Procedures.

After a lot of work I discovered that in one switch the IP address is 10.0.0.4 ,so I'm able to connect using the hyperterminal but I don't know the password.

Could you help me, please?

Cristian Nitu

cristian.nitu Mon, 06/25/2007 - 08:20
User Badges:

Hi,

I tried to make a password recovery but is imposible because I cannot conect using console port and all the recovery procedure is using console port to connect.

It is another way to reset the password

Cristian

lebourdais Wed, 06/20/2007 - 09:22
User Badges:

I have a Wrap up code issue that our call center is experiencing. We have some agents that are getting the wrap codes popping up before the call actually ends. It doesn't happen all the time, but is happening a enough to be a nuisance. Any idea's what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Russ

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:02
User Badges:

Hello,

I personally have never seen this issue in Express. I also checked all logged TAC cases and known defects and did not find any matches. To troubleshoot this we would need to edit the log settings c:\program files\cisco\desktop\config\agent.ini (or fastcalllocal.ini in 3.x) and change the settings for debug to 305. We then would need to replicate this issue. So, I'd suggest collecting these logs (.log and .dbg file generated) and open a case with us.

John

goodwinscottns Wed, 06/20/2007 - 11:18
User Badges:

John, thanks for volunteering to field some IPCCX questions...

Here's mine:

I need to create a script that can redirect calls to a different location using the on-net transfer (speed dial) capability of our Sprint T1 service. We currently use this capability at the agent level to redirect calls to other call centers. So long as the call originated on a Sprint T1, we can execute a released transfer by dialing *8xx, where *8 is the Sprint network speed dial feature code, and xx is a 2-digit speed dial number.

We need to be able to accomplish this same type of transfer in an IPCC script.

There are some vague references to "Extensions starting with

?#? or ?*?" in the documentation related to the Call Redirect stop, but I've not been able to get this to work.

I'm sure this has been done many times before so if you could explain the method or provide an example script for transferring calls with network speed dials, it would be very helpful.

Thanks again...

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 06:11
User Badges:

Hello,

This *should* work. What I can tell you, is that iwould try a few things as a workaround and if they don't work we would need SS_TEL and APP_MGR debugging with a MIVR log. So try these things and let me know:

- Create a translation pattern for the Sprint code and have the redirect hit this translation pattern. Have it be numeric only.

- try the Call Consult Transfer step object in 4.x. I had a similar case going on net to a Octel DPA and this fixed it.

If neither works open a case with us with the above debugs and attach the script.

John

mike.lo Wed, 06/20/2007 - 17:35
User Badges:

Hi, we're using IPCCX 4.0(5) with Enhanced edition. We would like to use it to serve our Asia help desk support with different countries. But, we have time zone issue for script and reporting. So, I would like to ask where can I find the sample script cater different time zone. Besides, how to customerize the report for different time zone?

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:08
User Badges:

Hello,

I apologze, but I am not sure I understand your questions. I also would need more information on your call flow to help you with a script here. Understanding your call flow in detail is critical to script design. However, I'll try to answer your questions as best i can given the data. As far as timezone, the server can only be in one timezone. Therefore, you would need to customize your application to handle that. You can collect different metrics such as the dialed number, queue, or logged in agents and make routing decisions based on that. You will need to manually offset any times based on the timezone of the server.

As far as customizing reports, we support the integration of custom reports developed using crystal reports. You can also export your data to an external data warehouse and write your own applications against it. This is fully documented in the Historical Reporting User Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401hd.pdf

HTH,

John

mike.lo Thu, 06/21/2007 - 19:24
User Badges:

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. In our situation, the call flow of each country is very simple because it is similar to Nortel basic ACD. That is, like the following:

1) ACD call-in.

2) Check business hours.

3) Check avaliable agent.

4) If in business hour and there is avaliable agent, then call terminated.

5) If not, then call divert to Unity for leaving message.

Besides, we're not define the queue size and average waiting time for this ACD. Once all agents are busy, the call will divert to Unity immediately.

Moreover, there is no call overflow among different countries. So, it also simply the call flow.

However, the problem we face is the manually off-set the time in each script and different time zone for historial report.

Therefore, we're seeking the sample script and sample customerized report to solve this situation.

Do you have any idea?

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:51
User Badges:

This should be pretty easy to do. You would just compare the dialed number and use a goto to branch off to a different time of day step object branch or you could use a different JTAPI trigger and application for each region. As far as sample scripts, the development team maintains samples scripts at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_architecture0900aecd80179234.html

Viktor.Lukashov Wed, 06/20/2007 - 19:34
User Badges:

Hi!

How (where) can i download CRSraw2wav.exe line utility?

In my IPCC, CRSraw2wav.exe line utility to be absent. And i'm should send great number of .wav files to client.

Q. How can I archive or permanently save the recorded phone call files in an

IPCC environment?

A. The recordings made by supervisors are archived as raw voice data

packets. The recordings can only be reviewed using the Supervisor Record

Viewer. However, if you want to permanently save selected recordings as .wav

files, you can use either of these methods:

Use the Play and Save button in the Supervisor Record Viewer and save the

recording to a selected folder.

Use the CRSraw2wav.exe command line utility. This utility is located in the

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder. It must be run from this location

in a command window on the computer that hosts the Recording & Playback

service (RPServer.exe). Refer to the Using the CRSraw2wav Utility section of

Cisco CAD Service Information for more information.

Viktor Lukashov

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:29
User Badges:

Hello,

If you are missing any binaries these can be replaced by running a repair using the initial install media. Individual software componets can't be individualy loaded into the system.

John

Viktor.Lukashov Thu, 06/21/2007 - 19:18
User Badges:

Hello, John!

I find in documentation "CAD 6.2(1) for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Release 4.5(1)

24-Feb-06. Revision History: 31-May-06, Added CRSraw2wav.exe batch file procedures"

And it very necessary utility for my.

Sorry for my English. My Country Kurguzstan.

Viktor

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:43
User Badges:

Hello,

I apologize but I don't understand your question.

John

astinus Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:21
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi John,

My question is about debugging/tracing. Documentation in general is pretty good for IPCC Express, but I don't believe I've run across any documentation that describes what traces should be turned up for what kinds of problems or given those trace files, how to locate the problem within them.

Is there any documentation available that could help with this?

Thanks!

Jim

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:52
User Badges:

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, we don't have any customer facing debug documentation. I personally think its a good idea. For that, you should ask your local Cisco SE to open an enhancement request (the Cisco Speak for that is a PERS request).

As far as I can tell you, the defaults in 4.x and higher are good to solve about 70% of all issues. The only debug that you can enable that might be good for debugging is APP_MGR. This debug will log each step a script takes and you can track it by task id. You can wingrep on it and see the flow.

John

jotiso Thu, 06/21/2007 - 06:15
User Badges:

Dennis,

Man you are throwing bolders and livin' in a glass house there ;-)

John

travis-dennis_2 Thu, 06/21/2007 - 11:34
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to get the agent state to display all the time on the main screen of a phone instead of having to go into the services on the phone.

Thanks in advance!

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:40
User Badges:

Hello,

Unfortunately, not to my knowledge.

John

rudyb2000 Thu, 06/21/2007 - 12:00
User Badges:

John,

I am running IPCCX 4.05. I am running a basic ICD script. In the script there is a play prompt step, then the select resource step. In the select resource step, under the Queued branch, these are the folling steps:

Lable queueLoop

Play Prompt

Call Hold

Delay

Call Unhold

Goto queueLoop

When the caller enters into the queue the caller hears Music on Hold up untill the agent answers the phone. Is there a way so that the caller hears Music on Hold while in the queue, then when the system transfers the call to an agent the caller hears the ringback tone instead of Music on Hold untill the agent answers?

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:34
User Badges:

Hello,

The engine conducts a consult transfer, so hold music is provided until the transfer is complete. The only workaround would be to change you MoH to a ringback, but it would create other issues give your call flow.

John

dave.hart Thu, 06/21/2007 - 12:52
User Badges:

John,

When Cyrillic localization be all finish? I have many client in Russia want.

Dave Hart

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:42
User Badges:

Hello Alex,

To my knowledge this is not a roadmapped feature. My suggestion would be to have your local Cisco Account team submit a feature enhancement (in Cisco Speak a PERS request).

Thanks for posting.

John

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:37
User Badges:

Hello,

There are no current Cisco Press offerings on IPCC.

John

p-kitaka Fri, 06/22/2007 - 09:11
User Badges:

Hi John,

Most traditional PBXs have some form of basic ACD that supports simple logins on the phone (users just press a button).

The Cisco solution offers either the basic hunt groups (login/out in 4.2 +) or the more advanced full blown contact centre products (IPCCX or IPCC) which require deployment of desktop/phone agents. With AD integration and complex passwords, entering passwords becomes cumbersome via the phone agent, plus the extra workload to create queues, assign teams, associate phones, moves, adds, etc. A bit too much for someone needing just basic ACD, surprisingly CME supports it.

Is it possible to setup queuing without deploying agents? I was thinking of using IPCC to queue calls while periodically checking if the hunt group is available before redirecting calls to the hunt pilot, that way the "agents" use the hunt group login/out feature, eliminating the need to deploy agents software.

Rgds,

Kitaka

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 09:29
User Badges:

Hello,

The IP Phone agent supports 1 button login (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008029e6d5.shtml). The CRS engine requires some sort of agent software to be able to determine avalability and state of agents. Therefore, to use the queueing you need agent software.

As far as IVR functions you do not need agent software.

John

p-kitaka Fri, 06/22/2007 - 09:47
User Badges:

coordinating user password changes isnt very practical, but i guess we can create generic resource accounts with none expiring passwords and associate them with agent phones.

thanks for your response.

jotiso Fri, 06/22/2007 - 11:06
User Badges:

Hello,

I don't understand you point here. Please elaborate.

John Tiso

p-kitaka Fri, 06/22/2007 - 16:52
User Badges:

John,

The "one button login" for IP Phone Agents requires hard coding the user ID and password for each agent's IP phone service. The CM admin has to update parameters anytime the agent changes password or moves.

Creating generic accounts for the "one button login" phone service for each phone is a workaround for the password issue.

Different phone services have to be created and subscribed for each phone, which in my view is not very scalable and messy.

The available options for basic ACD in CCM are still lucking and expensive. Cisco really needs to address this in feature release.

I wish the hunt group login/out feature in CCM 4.2, 4.3 & 6.0 can be extended to add queuing.

Kitaka

jotiso Tue, 06/26/2007 - 06:55
User Badges:

Hello,

Your questions are outside the scope of this discussion. My suggestion is to contact your local account team and ask them to submit a feature enhancement (in Cisco talk a PERS request)

John

Actions

This Discussion