Queue priority

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2007

Hello,

I am running IPCC 7.1.3 enterprise, and had a question about queue priorities.

If I have three calls in 3 different queues, and one queue has a higher priority, but has been in the queue the shortest amount of time, will it still bump the calls in my other queues, or will it just jump to the front of it's current queue?

i.e.

Skill 1 - 1 call in queue priority 5 (in queue 10 mins)

Skill 2 - 1 call in queue priority 5 (in queue 5 mins)

Skill 3 - 1 call in queue priority 2 (in queue 1 mins)

Which call will be answered first?

Thanks!

Barry

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Fri, 06/15/2007 - 12:14

Asuming that the agent belongs to all 3 skill groups, he will be presented with skill3, followed by skill2 and skill3.

In IPCCE the priority level is 1-10 with 1 being the highest.

Obviously if there are agents available when the call arrive, they will be distributed in FIFO order, as queing only applies when there are no agents available.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

BarryMcLellan72678 Fri, 06/15/2007 - 12:24

Hello, did you mean skill 3,1,2?

In the 'gulp' Avaya world, priority only meant priority in that queue, i.e. two calls in queue, one is top, the other is high, the top one bumps it, but it is only for calls in that skill, if the agent had other skills, it would still be Longest Call in Queue across them all.

I've also been wondering about this, and just yesterday thought that the priority would only apply to calls within the one skill group. But on reading the response above, I think I may be wrong.

According to the "ICM Scripting and Media Routing Guide for Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions 7.0" on page 190

Prioritizing Calls

When a call is queued to a skill group because there are no agents available, the Queue to Skill Group node sets the call's priority. The Queue Priority node can then promote the call's priority based on time the caller has waited. The call can be queued to multiple skill groups with the same or different priorities.

If there are calls in the agent's skill group queues when an agent becomes available, the agent will be presented with the highest priority (1-10 with 1 being the highest priority) call that has waited the longest within the skill group(s) that the agent is assigned to.

So it does seem that IPCC will look across all the skill groups the agent belongs to.

Interesting. I'm going to have to test this out.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion