Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamips fa0/0 down

Manoj Wadhwa
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this message. But anyone using dynamips, plz help if you can.

I am using a simple config. When I load my 7200 emulator, my fa0/0 interface is showing as down with the log showing "ASSERT CRITICAL fa0/0 physical port".

My net file is as below

[[7200]]

image = [[7200]]

image = \Program Files\Dynamips\images\c7200-adventerprisek9_sna-mz.124-11.T.bin

F0/0 = NIO_gen_eth:\Device\NPF_{7D3D1C91-B590-4B15-BA1E-EA84F2F85B8B}

ram = 160

[[router R2]]

I've tried to shut and unshut the interface, use different ios version, still the same problem. Thanks

- Manoj

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

This document provides a general description of digital subscriber line (DSL) components and how the components fit together in a basic DSL implementation. The sample configurations in this document show the most common DSL networks that are currently in use. You can use these configurations as a general reference to design a broadband aggregation implementation. However, do not view these configurations as a cookie-cutter solution. Every customer and every requirement are different, and there are many ways to accomplish the same design goals

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093e43.shtml

deveshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

manoj pls let us know comple net file configuration.

seems its not connected to any device in ur config.

but anyhow u still want ur ethernet to remain uop without connectivity so that you can practice routing you can use below command under interface configuration mode

no keep

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card