Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to execute commands on Cisco 2504

Steven-Edouard
Level 1
Level 1

Heya all,

I have x3 Cisco 2504 routers and haven't powered them up for a while.

I powered up the 3 routers only to find that 2 of the 3 successfully load up IOS where one of them takes a really long time to boot up.

When it does I'm only prompt with an un-usual CLI prompt which is ">".

At this prompt no IOS commands are being recognised.

Any suggestions?

two5om

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steven,

You are very welcomed :), i am glade it worked out, most of the time its a configuration register issue, but i thought that you'd benefit more by walking it around to understand the whole process, again you are very very welcomed.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Your router loads in the rommon (not with normal IOS), please do follow the following document and tell us the final results:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a008009464c.shtml

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

I followed the Cisco guide you provided me and it seems that my problem was due to a configuration register issue.

I have now successfully loaded up my IOS.

Thanks again mate.

two5om

Hi Steven,

You are very welcomed :), i am glade it worked out, most of the time its a configuration register issue, but i thought that you'd benefit more by walking it around to understand the whole process, again you are very very welcomed.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

Do you have MSN Messenger, if so could I please add you as a contact?

Also I've given you a top rating for helping me resolve my issue. :)

two5om

Hi Steven,

You are very welcomed :), and thank you very much for using the rating system it really makes the forum more useful and please always come back here if you have further problems, you can freely contact me at my email: mmma@gawab.com (its also my MSN ID).

Take care and have a nice day :)

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: