cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow local,ld and a specific international country codes

rhussaini
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hub and spoke voip network that is made of legacy PBX's connected to Cisco VOIP router and at the Hub is the same setup. I have been asked to provide a cheap voip service to the remote offices VONAGE router with a cisco dial peer connected back to the remote sites.I have configred the remote sites with dial-peer as below

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description Vonage test

destination-pattern 123T

session target ipv4:10.1.0.23

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

playout-delay maximum 200

playout-delay nominal 100

playout-delay minimum low

codec g729r8 bytes 60

and at the Cisco Vonage gatway I have few FXO's with the below steup.

dial-peer voice 3848 pots

destination-pattern 123T

port 1/0/0

everything is working except they want me to allow country codes that are free to dial and deny the rest.

country codes 44 and 23 are allowed and the rest are denied. I am having hard time with this since all of my work on this has been resulted in allowing all international calls. Please I need your help on this.

Thanks in advance

13 Replies 13

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi you can configure your dial-peers for thise country codes and configure CoR (Class of Restriction)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008065cb07.html#wp1365888

Thaht link its for SRST but u can apply CoR in the incoming dial-peers for calls coming from the PBX.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

You can do this even with COR.

I assume that 123 is the prefix you want to the user to dial for international calls. If so, you can change to

1230044......T

and this will allow only calls to UK, with a minimum of 6 digits after +44.

The you create another dial-peer, identical, but with destination-pattern

1230023......T will do the same but for contry "23" (that doesn't really exist).

Hope this helps, please rat post if it does!

Correction: I meant to say "even without COR". Plus various spelling errors. Anyway I hope that what I was trying to say, is clear.

What I did is for the remote site with users to dial the VOIP dial peer with code 123 to access local and lond distance with no restriction. I have accomplished this by:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 123T

The gateway with POTS line attached I have the below:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 123T

Now the issue I am faced with is I would like to use one access code "123" on the remote side to dial local, long distance and international out of the hub gateway but due to the dial peer 123T that will allow all calls and I canot put restriction.

On the remote site only I tried the VOIP dial peer local that worked and I kept the above pots dial peer on the hub.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

?destination-pattern 123..........

dial-peer voice 101 voip

?destination-pattern 123...........

for the International for example123 01144 it did not work . Is there a way to keep the 123 code to accomplish this?. Do I have to to the cange on boyh the remote router and the hub ?.Your help is greatly appreciated

Hello,

sure you can keep the code 123.

What I'm telling you, is that if after the code, when you add the country codes you are allowed to call, only these codes will work.

If the vonage international code is 011, you make destination-pattern 12301144....T to allow to call the UK only.

Then you have to add other DPs for all the country codes that you want to allow. You need to do that just on the router that connects to vonage adapters.

Note, if you have multiple FXO ports to the vonage adapters, you can group them all under trunk-group at voice-port level, and specify the name of trunkgrouo under DP instead of port. This will allow you to use a single DP pots for each destination-pattern.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for your help. In my case how do you accomplish the trunk-group. Thanks again

Ok, first of all I need to make a correction to my previous post. What happens, is that for dial-peer pots, all the digits matched in destination-pattern, are absorbed. So you have to configure to send certain digits. You can do that with the "prefix" command. eg:

dial-peer voice 222 pots

destination-pattern 12301144......T

prefix 01144

Note, you can also eliminate the need for users to dial "011" after "123" for international, example:

destination-pattern 12344......T

prefix 01144

In this case, you will need to change the destination-pattern on both remote and hub router. Only the POTS dial-peer will need "prefix".

Now for the trunk-group, it's very simple:

voice-port 0/0

trunk-group vonage

dial-peer 222 pots

destination-pattern 12344.....T

trunkgroup vonage

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

In my case I want to keep the remote side with a simple config:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

dial-peer voice 101 voip

dial-peer voice 101 voip

On the router that connects to vonage adapters I will have

dial-peer voice 100 pots

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 101 pots

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 101 pots

prefix 01144

port 0/0/0

is this correct?. If it is I have 36 ports that need to have the same ecact config with some kind of hunt group. Thanks again for your help

sorry I meant.

In my case I want to keep the remote side with a simple config:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 123..........

dial-peer voice 101 voip

dial-peer voice 102 voip

On the router that connects to vonage adapters I will have

dial-peer voice 100 pots

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 101 pots

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 102 pots

prefix 01144

port 0/0/0

is this correct?. If it is I have 36 ports that need to have the same ecact config with some kind of hunt group. Thanks again for your help

Hello,

Your DPs 100 and 101 are identical, hence one is redundant and not necessary. I've indicated before how to do "hunt group" with "trunk group". This is done only on the hub router.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

thanks for your help. one more question please.

It seems that every time I dial 123xxxxxxxxxx it will allow dialing out on this port. It acts if there is no restriction on the dial peer. I have attached the config on the hub router. Is there anything I am missing? I have used all combimation with 123 to 123.......... and still it is allowing it to dial out. I was testing with the csim start 123xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group vonage

!

voice-port 0/0/1

!

voice-port 0/0/2

!

voice-port 0/0/3

!

voice-port 0/1/0

!

voice-port 0/1/1

!

voice-port 0/1/2

!

voice-port 0/1/3

!

!

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

trunkgroup vonage

destination-pattern 123.......

Hello,

this is normal. Since you destination-pattern is 123, you will be allowed to call anything that starts with 123.

That is what I am trying to solve. I want to limit pepole from dialing out everywhere by using this code. Be able to dial the code"123" and the number for local, long distance and International.using specific dialpeer and denying everthing.

Thanks for you help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: