Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I save the configuration of all Devices at one time in LMS2.6

Hi,

We are using LMS 2.6. I want to save the configuration of all devices (switches & Routers)for reference. Is it possible to fetch the configration and save it for all devices at one time?....because it is time consuming to fetch & save the configuration of each device one by one!!!

Please help me out!!!!!

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is very easy to do. Make sure all of the devices' credentials are correct in DCR, then go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive, click the "RME" box in the device selector, and run your job. If you want to get all the startup configs as well, check the "Fetch startup configs" box when you run your job.

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Well, you can't really get all the configs at the same time unless you have very few devices. The TFTP server can only handle a limited number of simultaneous connections.

But what would the added value of having the configs taken at te same time? In fact RME can do a lot better, by listening to the syslog messages your devices send, and get a copy, whenever the config changes, keeping the last X versions.

And showing the differences between 2 versions you choose. This part of CiscoWorks really makes life easy when you have multiple people making changes to the network devices.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco