CCNP LAB GEAR

Unanswered Question
Jun 16th, 2007

Hi,

I just passed the ccna yesterday having used 2 x 1601s and 1 2611 with a 3500 switch what gear would any one out there recommend for CCNP .

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
limleeheng Sun, 06/17/2007 - 22:51

Hi,

You might want to get 2 more routers and 2 more switches in additional to 3 routers a and 1 switch.

It will enable you to see more of OSPF, BGP(Routing) and STP(Switching).

Regards,

Ron

Patrick Laidlaw Fri, 06/22/2007 - 00:19

Hello,

I would suggest you look at using dynamips http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

you can actually simulate an entire router with it and it will support all the commands in the IOS because its actually running Cisco IOS.

Whats really nice about it you can create all sorts of topologys by just creating individual netfiles so what ever you want to focus on IE large networks with OSPF BGP EIGRP redistribution or a very simple network for testing commands or QOS.

I currently have 2 3560s and 2 3550's connectet via 12 ethernet ports to a beefy AMD Dual Core 5000+ computer which simulates all of my CCIE routers 12 to be exact. What would cost your 30 40 k to create you can simulate on a beefy machine for about 2k dollars.

I also run several smaller simulated labs on laptop running 4 to 6 routers for testing and command verification.

All so I highly recommend you subscribe to the [email protected] if your seriously want to get a kickstart on your Preperations.

Patrick

Please rate useful posts.

Actions

This Discussion