00:18:49: %AMDP2_FE-3-RXOVERFLO: FastEthernet0/0 Rx FIFO Overflow

00:18:55: %AMDP2_FE-3-RXOVERFLO: FastEthernet0/0 Rx FIFO Overflow

any body knows a fast solution ??

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thaer

You have posted this same issue in this forum with the title: i need a quick help plesae. That post has received good advice to upgrade the version of code. If anyone has anything else to contribute on this topic I suggest that the discussion be consolidated in that thread.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Friend i think you are hitting this bug.

CSCdy78397

Externally found severe defect: Resolved (R)

AMDP2_FE-3-RXOVERFLO msg severely degrades performance on 2600

First fixed in versions: 12.2(12.10)T1 12.2(12.12)PI6 12.2(13.3)B 12.2(15)BW 12.2(15)BX 12.2(15)BZ 12.2(15)ZN

You may check the details of the bug on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdy78397&Submit=Search

There error messages appear when the FE interface on the 2600 is overdriven and it causes severe degradation. As the act of printing the message causes a feedback such that the maximum

frame rate is at least halved, this kind of feedback is unstable and causes a kind of severe disruption that could potentially make the system come to a standstill so you should consider an IOS upgrade to the latest image in 12.2T line or to the latest 12.3 mainline image.

Reducing the traffic on the interface until the message is no longer displayed is a possible workaround for this bug.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: